Oil Painting in Charente Maritime, France
with our professional artist DJ
6-12 June 2022
6-12 June 2022 – Mixed Media Painting – Some Availability
3-10 September 2002 – Mixed Media Painting- Fully booked
Emma W – 2018
Thank you for another lovely stay at the property. We loved our cottage Catalpa with a private terrace. It was so nice to relax , enjoying the gardens, pool and games room.Aimee L – 2017We had a wonderful time at the property A quiet location in the French countryside but with easy access to the local towns and villages.
7 days to feast on the wonders of South Western France
The Charente Maritime in France is a fantastic location for painting holidays as it offers a range of stunning scenery from the rolling Cognac hills full of sunflowers, quiet harbours and quaint historic villages to dramatic coastal views and ancient chateaux.
We are surrounded by stunning views and many of our guests simply want to take the opportunity to spend quality time painting and drawing in the grounds. In the morning we spend time in the studio with our professional artist and in the afternoon transport is included to visit the spectacular villages, quayside locations and local sites nearby which the Charente Maritime offers.
At the end of a day’s painting you can relax in the swimming pool or explore the surrounding scenery and woodland area.
Groups are always small, with a maximum of 10 artists at one time; we also cater for non-painting partners at a reduced rate.
This course will suit both beginners and those with more experience who wish to explore and expand their drawing and painting techniques using a mixture of mediums including acrylics, watercolour, charcoal and graphite. Our professional artist is on hand to provide guidance and advice.
The cost includes:
- Collection from and journey back to a local named airport (We have return transfers which coincide with certain flights and flight times. – Please contact us for details on the transfer times included.)
- All travel during the Painting Holiday to local places of interest
- Five afternoon excursions – such as – Talmont-Sur-Gironde, La Rochelle, Port d’Envaux, Saintes, and Saint-Palais-Sur-Mer.
- Stay in one of eight en-suite bedrooms. (These are all apartments.) Towels & Pool Towels provided
- Commencing with dinner, 6 days full board accommodation in these Charentaise countryside gites. (6 breakfasts, 5 packed lunches, 1 lunch at the venue and 6 dinners with wine & coffee
- Onsite facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, bar and games room.
- Services of our Tour Manager.
- 5 days studio tuition with our professional art teacher
- Painting classes in plein air each afternoon – small classes max 10 people
- Basic materials and equipment will be provided within the cost of the holiday, however if you prefer to bring your own brushes, paints etc this is fine
- Morning coffee/tea and biscuits in the studio
***Partners and friends are welcome, lessons are not compulsory for all! – please see cost for non-painters.
The above information is subject to change to accommodate flight time.
Prices (per person)
7 days (6 nights) holiday
Number of students (painters) 8 – 12 (max)
Price per person (painter) £1,500pp
Price per person non painter £1200pp
Single Room supplement £115.00
Booking deposit (non-refundable)
£350 per person
Outline Itinerary – Please note, this is a provisional itinerary. Please contact us in order to receive an online PDF brochure.
For further information and bookings please
Telephone +44 (0)7962178336